Gangtok: Sikkim‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 29,841 on Monday as 32 more people tested positive for the infection, while one fresh fatality pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 370, a health bulletin said.
South Sikkim registered the highest number of new cases at 18, followed by nine in West Sikkim and five in East Sikkim.
Sikkim now has 1,186 active cases, while 28,003 people have recovered from the disease, and 282 coronavirus patients have migrated to other states.
The recovery rate of COVID-19 patients in the state stood at 94.7 per cent.
The Himalayan state has tested 2,30,341 samples for COVID-19 so far, including 352 in the past 24 hours.
- Eyeing play-off berth, Delhi Capitals have their nose ahead against KKR
- Google in court to appeal EU’s 2018 Android antitrust case
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission