Gangtok: Sikkim‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 29,841 on Monday as 32 more people tested positive for the infection, while one fresh fatality pushed the state’s coronavirus death toll to 370, a health bulletin said.
South Sikkim registered the highest number of new cases at 18, followed by nine in West Sikkim and five in East Sikkim.
Sikkim now has 1,186 active cases, while 28,003 people have recovered from the disease, and 282 coronavirus patients have migrated to other states.
The recovery rate of COVID-19 patients in the state stood at 94.7 per cent.
The Himalayan state has tested 2,30,341 samples for COVID-19 so far, including 352 in the past 24 hours.
- Centralised board to recruit college teachers in Assam: Minister
- Lie detectors: body language tells little about honesty
- Does Anubhav Sinha’s ‘Bheed’ fail to show true tragedy of the pandemic?
- ICMR study to assess connection between heart attack deaths, Covid
- Meghalaya Cong MP writes to PM to build women’s markets
- EU removes Pakistan from list of ‘High-Risk Third Countries’