Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 29,809 on Sunday as 80 more people tested positive for the infection, a health bulletin said.
The Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll remained unchanged at 369 as no fresh fatality was reported.
East Sikkim recorded the highest number of new cases at 38, followed by 35 in West Sikkim and seven in South Sikkim.
The state now has 1,222 active cases, while 27,936 people have been cured of the disease and 282 have migrated to other states so far, it said, adding that the recovery rate stood at 94.6 per cent.
Sikkim has thus far tested over 2.29 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 725 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 11 per cent.
- India logs 389 new COVID-19 cases, active cases down to 5,395
- Alliance Air resumes Silchar- Imphal flight service after a decade
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu