Gangtok: Veteran actor Adil Hussain may have donned several hats in his acting career, but come September 11, 2021, he will become a real-life chef at a Korean restaurant in Sikkim.
The internationally-acclaimed actor, known for having dinner with Tabu in Life of Pi, breakfast with Sridevi in English Vinglish and lunch with Vidya Balan in Ishqiya, will dine at the Mu Kimchi restaurant during his visit to Sikkim.
Event organiser and Mu Kimchi restaurant co-owner Binita Chamling, shared, “The pandemic had slowed the economy. Now would be the right time for some celebrity to come. Mu Kimchi is a Korean restaurant. We have added more to our cuisine, so taking the same into account, we thought of inviting Adil Hussain, who is a notable actor and a foodie. Hussain wanted to visit Sikkim, but in his visit and exploration of Sikkim, he is inclined towards trying our local cuisines too. Often when people come to Sikkim, they get the taste of Sikkimese cuisine and like it. They get little chance to learn or explore it through their cooking. Adil Hussain wanted to try on his own, so apart from the wide range of cuisines he will be preparing for our people. We have urged him to try some of our local cuisines also.”
The event, which will take place on September 11, will cost Rs 2,000 per person. It covers the entire package of food testing and interaction with the celebrity chef and actor. The booking for the event began August 24.
- Treat patients first before initiating hospital admission process: Mamata to doctors
- Arunachal: CBI files charge sheet in APPSC question paper leak case
- For Zo refugees fleeing Bangladesh, BSF beating, ‘Mizoram is only hope’
- Indian High Commissioner presents credentials to King Charles
- Meghalaya: MLA Mohendro Rapsang to quit Cong, to join NPP
- India logs 249 fresh COVID-19 cases