Gangtok: Sikkim‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 28,425 on Friday as 150 more people tested positive for the infection, a health bulletin said.
South Sikkim registered the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 81, followed by West Sikkim (36) and East Sikkim (33), it said.
The Himalayan state now has 2,345 active cases, while 25,441 people have recovered from the disease, 360 patients have succumbed to the infection and 279 have migrated to other states so far, the bulletin said.
Also read | Reservation of Limboo, Tamang seats in Assembly: Sikkim CM submits memo to PM
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 90.4 per cent, it said.
Sikkim has thus far tested over 2.16 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 1,379 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stands at 10.8 per cent.
- Here’s how India’s warming nights impact health
- Manipur: Lawyer, businessman file plea in SC against internet ban
- Meghalaya buying power worth Rs 3 crore every day: CM Sangma
- Pakistan may pull out of Asia Cup after SL, Afghan, Bangladesh reject ‘Hybrid Model’
- Odisha train crash: Assam man recalls co-traveler’s severed head on chest
- Meghalaya Cabinet to amend memo on roster system