Gangtok: Sikkim reported 157 new COVID-19 cases and three deaths on Wednesday, as per the Health Department.
West Sikkim registered the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 81, followed by 47 in East Sikkim, 26 in South Sikkim and three in North Sikkim.
The state at present has 2,543 active cases, while 278 patients have migrated out.
So far, 24,995 people have recovered from COVID-19 in the state.
Sikkim has so far reported 28,175 cases and 359 deaths.
The new cases were detected after testing 1,251 samples in the last 24 hours.
Sikkim’s COVID-positivity rate was 12.5 per cent.
Also read | Ashim Basnet’s ‘The Eyes’: A love story set across Kolkata, Gangtok, Darjeeling
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh