New Delhi: Sikkim CM Prem Singh Golay on Saturday urged Union defence minister Rajnath Singh to shift the temporary camp of Indian Army located at Yume Samdong zero point in North Sikkim district to Shonkoten.
Terming the request as a wish of the people of Lachung Dzumsa, Golay said that the area is of great religious significance and is a renowned pilgrimage and tourist destination.
Golay made the request during his visit to the official residence of the defence minister in New Delhi. The Sikkim CM also raised several other matters concerning the state. He was accompanied by ministers BS Pant and Dr MK Sharma and Lok Sabha MP Indra Hang Subba.
The CM also apprised the defence minister concerning the establishment of a Key Location Point (KLP) under Chungthang sub-division in North Sikkim on the land identified by the defence ministry. The Sikkim CM informed Singh that the people are willing to provide land as per rates notified by the state government.
The Sikkim CM also raised the issue of tunnelling from Sirwani to Gangtok, Sirwani to Legship and Sirwani to Namchi, for which a detailed project report (DPR) has been prepared by the roads & bridges department of the state. He also requested the defence minister to raise two more battalions of Sikkim Scouts in the Indian Army.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 28
- Assam reports eight COVID-19 deaths, 412 new cases
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 28
- BTS: ‘Permission to dance on stage’ after 2 years & ARMY can’t keep calm!
- Assam government to explore commercialisation of spices
- North Korea fires short-range missile to sea in latest test