Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 27,526 as 184 more people tested positive for the virus while two new fatalities pushed the death toll to 351, a health department bulletin said on Thursday.
West Sikkim district registered 76 new cases followed by South (50), East (46) and North Sikkim district (12), the bulletin said.
The Himalayan state now has 3,370 active COVID-19 cases, while 23,527 people have recovered from the disease, it said.
At least 278 COVID-19 positive people have migrated to other states.
The state tested 1,514 samples in the last 24 hours taking the total number of tests done so far to 2,08,105.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 positivity rate and recovery rate are 12.1 per cent and 86.3 per cent respectively.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion