Gangtok: At least two people are dead and many still missing from Melli in West Bengal side as well as South Sikkim after overnight torrential rains caused multiple landslides on Thursday.
NH-10 has been closed and cut off both on the West Bengal and Sikkim side after multiple landslides between Rangpo and Melli.
A government school and at least 10 houses in Melli have suffered extensive damage and destruction due to the landslides.
Commuters are advised to avoid this stretch till further notice. The alternative road from Mamring to Melli will be used until landslides are cleared.
The landslide at 29th mile got cleared and is open for traffic.
At least 6 people are missing from the ITDCL railway construction site under Kalimpong PS. Two people were later found dead from the rubble. The injured were taken to East district hospital in Singtam, East Sikkim.
- Assam reports eight COVID-19 deaths, 412 new cases
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 28
- BTS: ‘Permission to dance on stage’ after 2 years & ARMY can’t keep calm!
- Assam government to explore commercialisation of spices
- North Korea fires short-range missile to sea in latest test
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province