Gangtok: At least two people are dead and many still missing from Melli in West Bengal side as well as South Sikkim after overnight torrential rains caused multiple landslides on Thursday.
NH-10 has been closed and cut off both on the West Bengal and Sikkim side after multiple landslides between Rangpo and Melli.
A government school and at least 10 houses in Melli have suffered extensive damage and destruction due to the landslides.
Commuters are advised to avoid this stretch till further notice. The alternative road from Mamring to Melli will be used until landslides are cleared.
The landslide at 29th mile got cleared and is open for traffic.
At least 6 people are missing from the ITDCL railway construction site under Kalimpong PS. Two people were later found dead from the rubble. The injured were taken to East district hospital in Singtam, East Sikkim.
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi
- Maha CM, ministers visit Guwahati to pay obeisance to Goddess Kamakhya
- Mizoram: More Kuki-Chin refugees arrive from Bangladesh
- FIFA World Cup in Qatar: Beaming misogyny around the world
- Mukroh firing: NGOs burn Conrad Sangma, Himanta effigies in Shillong
- Mumbai: 10 women among 17 foreigners booked for working in film industry without visa