Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 24,598 as 257 more people tested positive for the infection while one new fatality pushed the death toll to 329, a health department said on Friday.
Sikkim at present has 2,796 active cases, while 264 COVID-19 patients have migrated to other states, and 21,209 people have recovered from the infection.
The new COVID-19 cases were reported from East Sikkim district (85), followed by South Sikkim (83), West Sikkim (79) and North Sikkim (10).
The Himalayan state has tested 1,936 samples for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of tests done thus far to 1,85,904.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 positivity rate and recovery rate stood at 13.2 per cent and 87.2 per cent respectively.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion