Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 24,598 as 257 more people tested positive for the infection while one new fatality pushed the death toll to 329, a health department said on Friday.
Sikkim at present has 2,796 active cases, while 264 COVID-19 patients have migrated to other states, and 21,209 people have recovered from the infection.
The new COVID-19 cases were reported from East Sikkim district (85), followed by South Sikkim (83), West Sikkim (79) and North Sikkim (10).
The Himalayan state has tested 1,936 samples for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of tests done thus far to 1,85,904.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 positivity rate and recovery rate stood at 13.2 per cent and 87.2 per cent respectively.
- Sikkim floods: 10 dead, 82 missing, 14 bridges collapse
- Arunachal CM expresses sadness, shock at Sikkim floods
- Sikkim Police notifies road situation; check details here
- Handkerchief or tissue? Which one’s better for our health and the planet?
- Assam: Half marathon event to be held on Oct 29 in Dibrugarh
- RBI approves merger of North East Small Fin Bank, fintech unicorn Slice