East Sikkim district registered the highest number of new COVID-19 cases at 144, followed by South Sikkim (41), West Sikkim (40), and North Sikkim (one).
The Himalayan state now has 2,281 active cases, while 19,767 people have recovered from the disease, 258 patients have migrated to other states and 317 have succumbed to the infection so far.
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 88.3 per cent.
Sikkim has tested over 1.74 lakh samples for COVID-19 thus far, including 796 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stood at 28.3 per cent.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence