Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 22,163 as 198 more people tested positive for the infection in the last 24 hours while one new fatality pushed the death toll to 313, a health department bulletin said on Saturday.
The new COVID-19 cases were reported from East Sikkim district (96), South (62), West (35) and North Sikkim district (5).
The Himalayan state now has 2,244 active COVID-19 cases, while 19,348 people have recovered from the disease, the bulletin said.
At least 258 COVID-19 patients have migrated to other states, it said.
The Himalayan state has so far tested 1,72,750 samples for COVID- 19, including 1,027 samples in the last 24 hours.
The state’s COVID-19 positivity rate is 19.2 per cent, while the recovery rate has increased to 87.2 per cent, the bulletin added.
- India, China to contribute half of global economic growth in 2023: top Chinese think tank
- China aims to replace US as global net security provider, says Army chief
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR