Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 22,163 as 198 more people tested positive for the infection in the last 24 hours while one new fatality pushed the death toll to 313, a health department bulletin said on Saturday.
The Himalayan state now has 2,244 active COVID-19 cases, while 19,348 people have recovered from the disease, the bulletin said.
At least 258 COVID-19 patients have migrated to other states, it said.
The Himalayan state has so far tested 1,72,750 samples for COVID- 19, including 1,027 samples in the last 24 hours.
The state’s COVID-19 positivity rate is 19.2 per cent, while the recovery rate has increased to 87.2 per cent, the bulletin added.
- Malignant: An outrageous re-tread of the classic 80s horror with the Midas touch of James Wan
- Limits on airfares to remain for 15 days at any given time: Aviation Ministry
- Fresh COVID-19 cases outnumber recoveries in Nagaland after 9 days
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?