Gangtok: The Sikkim government on Thursday further relaxed restrictions to attract tourists to the state despite high COVID-19 positivity rate.
In a fresh notification, the Home Department said that if one member of a family has got both doses of a COVID vaccine then other family members with one dose and accompanying children will be allowed to enter the state through the Melli and Rangpo check posts.
However, the partially vaccinated persons will have to carry a valid RTPCR report, the test for which should be conducted within 72 hours of arrival, it said.
Tourists who are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated but are not accompanied by a fully vaccinated relative will not be allowed to enter the state, it added.
The fresh relaxations were announced even as the state continued to report high COVID-19 cases with the positivity rate remaining over 20 per cent.
Sikkim reported 222 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday and one more death, as per the Health Department.
There are 2,144 active cases in the state at present.
The new cases were detected after testing 1,076 samples, taking the positivity rate to 20.6 per cent.
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Morning lottery resultIndia has only 13 states where conducting lottery games have been made legal by the government of India. Meghalaya is […]
- Dalit minor rape: Rahul Gandhi meets victim’s family, says ‘with them’New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday met the family of the nine-year-old Dalit minor girl who died here following […]
- Assam reports 1,182 new COVID-19 cases, 13 more deathsGuwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 5,69,439 on Tuesday as 1,182 more people tested positive for the infection, while 13 fresh […]
- COVID-19: India records 42,625 cases and 562 deaths in a dayNew Delhi: With 42,625 people testing positive for the coronavirus infection in a day, India’s total tally of COVID-19 cases rose […]
- Nagaland govt committed to implement RIIN: Deputy CM Y PattonKohima: Nagaland deputy chief minister Y Patton on Tuesday assured that the state government under chief minister Neiphiu Rio’s leadership […]
- Mizoram reports 885 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deathsAizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in COVID-19 cases despite prolonged lockdown as 885 people, including 178 children, have […]