Gangtok: Sikkim reported 111 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, pushing the caseload to 20,777, a health department bulletin said on Friday.
The coronavirus death toll in Sikkim remained at 308 as no more fatality was reported in the past 24 hours, it said.
South Sikkim registered 58 new cases, followed by East Sikkim (41), South Sikkim (11) and North Sikkim (1) districts.
Sikkim now has 2,062 active COVID-19 cases, while 253 patients have migrated to other states, and 18,154 people have recovered from the disease.
The state has tested 619 samples in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of samples tested thus far to 1,65,117.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 positivity rate now is 17.9 per cent, while the recovery rate has increased to 87.3 per cent.
- BJP releases list of 48 candidates for Tripura Assembly polls
- Kid’s ‘rushed’ immune response behind Covid reinfection: Study
- Meghalaya 2023: Over Rs 23 lakh cash, alcohol seized in Garo Hills
- Guwahati: Sahitya Sabha, GMDA at loggerheads over Chachal land
- Blood test can detect Alzheimer’s 3.5 years before diagnosis
- Mizoram: 3 killed as Khawzawl road construction site caves in