Gangtok: Sikkim reported 111 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, pushing the caseload to 20,777, a health department bulletin said on Friday.
The coronavirus death toll in Sikkim remained at 308 as no more fatality was reported in the past 24 hours, it said.
South Sikkim registered 58 new cases, followed by East Sikkim (41), South Sikkim (11) and North Sikkim (1) districts.
Sikkim now has 2,062 active COVID-19 cases, while 253 patients have migrated to other states, and 18,154 people have recovered from the disease.
The state has tested 619 samples in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of samples tested thus far to 1,65,117.
Sikkim’s COVID-19 positivity rate now is 17.9 per cent, while the recovery rate has increased to 87.3 per cent.
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’