Gangtok: Sikkim’s COVID-19 tally rose to 19,681 on Thursday as 92 more people tested positive for the infection, while two fresh fatalities pushed the Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll to 298, a health bulletin said.
East Sikkim district registered the highest number of new cases at 52, followed by West Sikkim (25), South Sikkim (14) and North Sikkim (1).
The Himalayan state now has 2,282 active cases, while 16,850 people have recovered from the disease, and 251 patients have migrated to other states so far.
The state’s positivity rate stands at 14.1 per cent, while the recovery rate among the coronavirus patients has increased to 85.6 per cent, it said.
Sikkim has tested over 1.58 lakh samples for COVID-19 thus far, including 652 in the last 24 hours.
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute
- Manipur Lottery August 4: Check Singam Sedum Day lottery result