Gangtok: Sikkim’s total COVID-19 tally rose to 17,656 on Wednesday as 231 more people tested positive for the virus, while one fatality pushed the states COVID death toll to 276, a health bulletin said.
East Sikkim recorded the highest number of new cases at 140, followed by South Sikkim (55), West Sikkim (34), and North Sikkim (2).
Sikkim now has 3,869 active COVID cases, while 246 others have migrated to other states and 13,265 patients have recovered from the disease.
The Himalayan state has tested 1,41,685 samples thus far, including 2135 in the last 24 hours.
The positivity rate stands at 10.8 per cent and the recovery rate is 75.1 per cent.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24