The notification issued on Thursday mentions the following 13 priority groups:
- Persons with co-morbidities
- Differently-abled persons
- Government and taxi drivers
- Teachers of both government and private institutions
- Staff of old-age homes and destitute centres
- Family of health care workers directly dealing with patients in hospitals residing in the same household
- Employees of State Bank of Sikkim
- Staff of judicial courts
- Electricians, linemen and meter readers of power department
- Water and sewerage fitters of RDD and PHE department
- Staff of food and civil supplies department working in food godowns
- Elected representatives
- Para veterinary staff, stockman and staff of veterinary polyclinic under animal husbandry and veterinary services department
The vaccination will be conducted on-site. Employees have been asked to bring their employee or service ID cards. As for others, valid driving licences will be required for drivers, authorised letters by the healthcare worker in case of a family member and relevant medical documents for people with co-morbidities.
Differently-abled persons will have to produce their disability certificates.
Those not falling in the above categories can avail of vaccination through online booking at either Central Referral Hospital through payment or at government vaccination centres.
Meanwhile, a different notification released on the same day said that government employees can get reimbursement for vaccination and other medical expenses, if they carry out tests or vaccination at Central Referral Hospital, a private hospital in Gangtok.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art