Gangtok: The Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Sikkim, notified on May 21 that ‘mucormycosis’, or black fungus, is now considered a notifiable disease in the state with immediate effect.
In accordance with the Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, the state government declared the disease as notifiable in the state of Sikkim.
The department has announced that all government/private health facilities and medical colleges shall follow guidelines for screening, diagnosis and management of mucormycosis issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Indian Council of Medical Research.
It has also been made mandatory to report all suspected and confirmed cases of mucormycosis to the state health department.
The Medical Superintendent of STNM Hospital and the Chief Medical Officer of the District Hospital shall ensure strict compliance with the issued guidelines to control and curb the rising cases of the disease.
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study
- Northeast got ‘step-motherly treatment’ under Congress: Sonowal