Gangtok: Sikkim recorded 46 new COVID 19 cases on Monday. The sharp fall in numbers, from 227 on May 9, was partly due to the fact that there were no RT PCR tests on Sunday. Along with the new cases, two deaths were also reported taking the death tally to 22 in 10 days. So far, the state has recorded 169 COVID-19 deaths. There were 139 new recoveries recorded in the state. The state’s tally now stands at 9,924 cases.
There are 2,540 active cases in the state, with 238 patients in hospitals. Nearly half of these are at the STNM Hospital, with eight new admissions and nine patients in ICU. Ninety-seven patients are in the Central Referral Hospital, with no new admissions, and four patients in the ICU. Mangan district hospital has 16 patients with four new admissions.
Also Read: Sikkim: Social worker Pintso Bhutia dies of COVID, netizens express grief
East Sikkim recorded 24 new cases, taking the tally to 7,371. South Sikkim recorded nine cases, taking the district tally to 1,539. West Sikkim recorded seven cases, taking the district tally to 636 cases. North Sikkim recorded six cases, taking the district tally to 171 cases.
With no RT PCR testing taking place, only 135 tests were carried out with 126 RAT tests resulting in 43 testing positive. Three out of 9 tested positive in Cbnat-Truenat testing.
Thirty-three patients are in four COVID Care Centres with five new admissions, five in Khel Gaon Reshithang, and one new case in Paljor Stadium.
- Nagaland Congress to launch crusade against state govt
- Top seer Mahant Narendra Giri found dead at Allahabad Muth
- Nagaland: Centre earmarks Rs 20 Cr for rehabilitation of shifting cultivation
- 11 months on, mother-daughter duo in Bangladesh jail after crossing border to see tantric
- Yuvraj Singh’s NGO installs 50 CCU beds at Assam hospital
- UK begins COVID-19 vaccine rollout for schoolchildren