Gangtok: An undertrial, who was accused of robbery and snatching, allegedly died by suicide at the Paljor Stadium COVID-19 care centre in Sikkkm‘s capital Gangtok on Saturday afternoon.
The deceased was kept at the COVID-19 care centre after he tested positive for COVID-19. He was to be taken to Rongneyk jail after he recovered from the virus.
According to police sources, the man — identified as Navin Chettri — died by suicide at 12.30 pm on Saturday. “He was 40 years old and hailed from North Sikkim. He had stolen gold jewelry from an elderly person,” the sources added.
There were six COVID-19 patients in the COVID-19 care centre at the time of the incident, said sources. “The doctors paid him a visit in the morning, after which he died by suicide,” they added.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP