Gangtok: Sikkim recorded five new COVID 19 fatalities on May 8, taking the state’s death tally to 165. All five deaths were reported in STNM Hospital. Sikkim has reported 28 deaths due to COVID 19 in the past 16 days.
The state also recorded 200 new cases on Saturday, with a whopping 1,699 cases recorded in May. The state’s cumulative COVID 19 tally stands at 9,651 cases.
There are 2,528 active cases in the state, with 65 recoveries recorded on Saturday. There are 190 people admitted in various hospitals currently, with 31 new admissions on Saturday. There are 12 people admitted in ICU and 166 are in High Dependency Unit and COVID wards, in Central Referral Hospital and STNM Hospital in Gangtok.
East Sikkim recorded 1,158 cases in the past eight days. On Saturday, East Sikkim recorded 121 new cases, taking the district tally to 7206 cases.
South Sikkim recorded 58 cases. The district has a total tally of 1,478 cases so far.
Seventeen new cases were recorded in West Sikkim, with 157 cases recorded this month. The district has a cumulative tally of 597 COVID 19 cases recorded so far.
Four new cases were recorded in North Sikkim with 58 cases being recorded in May. The district has a cumulative tally of 165 COVID 19 cases so far.
Sikkim conducted 682 COVID 19 tests, with 520 RT PCR tests resulting in 145 people testing positive. 150 RAT tests were done, resulting in 52 testing positive. Three out of 12 tests resulted in COVID 19 positive in Truenat-cbnat tests.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence