Gangtok: Sikkim recorded its biggest daily COVID-19 spike so far with 264 new cases on Thursday. The active cases have now reached 2,256, with 181 patients admitted in different hospitals of the state.
The state also recorded three new fatalities taking the total death toll to 158. Meanwhile, 50 new recoveries were recorded on Thursday. The cumulative tally of COVID-19 cases has now mounted to 9,183.
Of the 264 new cases, 148 were recorded in East Sikkim district, 90 in South Sikkim, 19 in West Sikkim and seven in North Sikkim.
Also read: This entrepreneur has become Sikkim’s COVID-19 ‘helpline’
The daily number of tests has also increased with 903 being conducted on Wednesday. Up to 710 tests were conducted on RT-PCR, of which 217 tested positive. As many as 188 Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT) tests were conducted, of which 46 tested positive for COVID-19. Five tests were conducted on TrueNat, of whih one tested positive.
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob
- Nagaland: State round table of NE global investors summit ’23 held
- Assam’s Jaramkhuria to be converted into zero-waste village
- COVID-19: India records 237 new cases, active caseload declines to 3,502
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President
- Consensus reached in meeting with Modi will go a long way: Nepal PM