Gangtok: After 23 COVID-19 cases on Monday, following no RT-PCR tests on Sunday, on May 4, Sikkim recorded 230 new cases taking the State tally to 8698 cases so far. There are 1930 active cases in the State, with 22 new recoveries recorded on Tuesday.
A COVID-19 fatality was recorded in Rangpo Primary Health Centre (PHC) on Tuesday. This is the first time that a COVID-related death has been reported from a PHC and not the devoted COVID-19 hospitals. The death takes Sikkim’s COVID-19 fatalities to 151. Another COVID fatality was also recorded on Monday at STNM Hospital.
Among the detected COVID-19 cases, East Sikkim recorded 186 new cases, taking the district tally to 6572 cases. West Sikkim, on the other hand, recorded 17 new cases, taking the district tally to 515.
Also read: This entrepreneur has become Sikkim’s COVID-19 ‘helpline’
South Sikkim recorded 19 new cases, taking the district rally to 1292. And North Sikkim recorded 8 new cases, taking the district tally to 128 cases so far.
There are 151 patients admitted in STNM Hospital and CRH, with Sikkim welcoming only critical patients to the hospital for treatment. 29 new COVID patients were admitted to the hospitals.
A total of 799 tests were conducted with 645 in RT PCR accounting for 174 positive cases. 149 RAT tests were conducted accounting for 53 positive cases. 5 TrueNAT-CBNAAT tests were conducted where 3 tested positive.
- Rescuers try to raise buried coach at triple rail crash site as death toll is 261
- Not on my watch: How boxer Sarita Devi saved her Kuki students from the mob
- Nagaland: State round table of NE global investors summit ’23 held
- Assam’s Jaramkhuria to be converted into zero-waste village
- COVID-19: India records 237 new cases, active caseload declines to 3,502
- Indian American Ajay Banga takes over as World Bank President
Airline is not accepting and charges heavy cancellation for the travel on 5-11may as they are saying flights are operating to IXB , then we should be paying charges for cancelling the same
Leave a comment