Gangtok: The Municipal Elections in Sikkim concluded on April 2, with various individuals coming as winning councilors, all ready to take up responsibility of their designated wards. And if a document circulating on social media is to be believed, Kala Rai has the consent of at least 16 elected councilors to be the next mayor of Gangtok.
However, the municipal corporation and various Nagar panchayats are yet to be set up. A month has passed, and the Gangtok Municipality councilors seem to have voted their resolution to choose the next Gangtok Mayor.
In a viral image circulating across social media, various councilors, 16 as pictured in the document, have consented to select Kala Rai, winner of Lower Sichey ward as Mayor, with Tshering Palden Bhutia from Development Area ward to be the Deputy Mayor.
The Mayor and the Deputy Mayor could not be reached for comment.
But the names of 16 councilors and their signs are genuine.
Sources said the documents is authentic.
- Bengal Cabinet OKs scholarship scheme for OBC students
- Mizo National Front slams Centre’s move to implement UCC
- A story of two mothers from a human-elephant conflict zone in Assam
- Meghalaya 2023: Lyngdoh sisters from Shillong file nominations
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days