GANGTOK: Just as the surge in COVID-19 cases, the fatality rate in Sikkim is also on the rise. On April 28, Central Referral Hospital recorded its third COVID-19 casualty after the Hospital was declared to cater to COVID-19 cases from April 26.
The deceased, a 74-year-old man, was brought dead to the CRH on Wednesday from Upper Syari. He passed away late on Wednesday at 11:40 pm. He had tested positive on Rapid Antigen Testing.
CRH authorities informed that the deceased person had co-morbidities, including hypertension and diabetes.
With this, the COVID-19 fatality toll in Sikkim has now reached 144 and it is the 8th casualty this week.
Also Read | Sikkim: Biggest COVID spike of 2021, 151 cases and one fatality
- Arunachal: Smart streetlights installed at six places in Itanagar
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices