GANGTOK: Just as the surge in COVID-19 cases, the fatality rate in Sikkim is also on the rise. On April 28, Central Referral Hospital recorded its third COVID-19 casualty after the Hospital was declared to cater to COVID-19 cases from April 26.
The deceased, a 74-year-old man, was brought dead to the CRH on Wednesday from Upper Syari. He passed away late on Wednesday at 11:40 pm. He had tested positive on Rapid Antigen Testing.
CRH authorities informed that the deceased person had co-morbidities, including hypertension and diabetes.
With this, the COVID-19 fatality toll in Sikkim has now reached 144 and it is the 8th casualty this week.
- Assam’s Chai-Spiced-Gin is one of Edinburgh’s finest!
- Mizoram: Former diplomat and writer L Keivom passes away at 82
- TPCI, Nagaland govt sign MoU for Dimapur hotel management institute
- ‘Antim: The Final Truth’: Salman Khan’s most committed act in years?
- Myntra Black Friday Sale: Get over 50% off on these beauty products
- Centre agrees to farmers demand of decriminalising stubble burning