Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit 134 km north of Lachung, Sikkim at 5: 42 pm on Monday.
No major damage was reported at the time of filing this report.
The depth of the earthquake was 75 km, said the National Centre for Seismology.
Earlier this month, an earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale hit Sikkim, the effects of which were felt across the Northeast region, including Assam. The tremors were felt as far as West Bengal and Bihar.
The 5.4 magnitude quake had occurred at 8.49 pm IST at a depth of 10 km near the India-Bhutan border, India’s National Centre for Seismology (NCS) had said.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence