Guwahati: An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale hit 134 km north of Lachung, Sikkim at 5: 42 pm on Monday.
No major damage was reported at the time of filing this report.
The depth of the earthquake was 75 km, said the National Centre for Seismology.
Earlier this month, an earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale hit Sikkim, the effects of which were felt across the Northeast region, including Assam. The tremors were felt as far as West Bengal and Bihar.
The 5.4 magnitude quake had occurred at 8.49 pm IST at a depth of 10 km near the India-Bhutan border, India’s National Centre for Seismology (NCS) had said.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali