Gangtok: Amid a rise in COVID-19 cases in Sikkim, the state government issued a fresh advisory on Monday. Shops would remain closed over the weekend to curtail the virus. The ruling stands till April 30, while the weekly off days for different markets across Sikkim would be suspended for the time being.
Ration shops and medical shops would be exempt during the weekend.
Furthermore, the state government has advised that from April 17, no social, political and religious gatherings should exceed 50 people. All such gatherings require prior permission from the District Collector.
Until now, the state had opted to welcome tourists only based on RT PCR negative report either 73 hours before arrival or getting an RT PCR test in Sikkim. Now, with the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), the state health department will issue a separate SOP regarding the procedure, locations and an effective date for operation of these facilities.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence