Gangtok: Sikkim Police has seized drugs estimated at about Rs 24 lakh from Jorethang, South Sikkim.
Th consignment contained 60,540 capsules of Spasmo 40, 10,000 capsules of Nitro drug, and 371 bottles of cough syrup.
Duing patroling activities carried out by the Sikkim Police at Bhari Khola in Jorethang, a team of Indian Reserve Batallion intercepted four individuals transferring huge consignment of drugs in various bags. The IRB personnel contacted Sub-Inspector Ugyen Bhutia at Jorethang Police Station for additional support.
However, two individuals managed to escape while the other two, Songdon Lepcha and Ramala Pradhan, were apprehended.
- Assam: GP Singh takes charge as DGP, pledges to make force citizen-centric
- Nagaland 2023: Two legislators resign from state Assembly session
- Arunachal: Wanted militant of NSCN (IM) arrested from Longding district
- Meghalaya 2023: Will ghost of CBI case haunt Ampareen’s candidacy?
- Nagaland govt and Patanjali Foods ink pact for Oil Palm Plantations
- Assam tea firm honours 30 years of India-Georgia relations with new blend