Gangtok: Sikkim Police has seized drugs estimated at about Rs 24 lakh from Jorethang, South Sikkim.
Th consignment contained 60,540 capsules of Spasmo 40, 10,000 capsules of Nitro drug, and 371 bottles of cough syrup.
Duing patroling activities carried out by the Sikkim Police at Bhari Khola in Jorethang, a team of Indian Reserve Batallion intercepted four individuals transferring huge consignment of drugs in various bags. The IRB personnel contacted Sub-Inspector Ugyen Bhutia at Jorethang Police Station for additional support.
However, two individuals managed to escape while the other two, Songdon Lepcha and Ramala Pradhan, were apprehended.
- Udaipur tailor cremated, funeral procession amid tight security
- Shinde, rebel Sena MLAs our guests: Assam govt
- Rebel Shiv Sena MLAs leave Guwahati hotel for airport
- WB govt scraps centralised online admission system to UG courses
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 29
- Incessant rain worsens Assam flood situation, 24.9 lakh affected