Gangtok: Indian Army came to the rescue of 477 tourists stranded on the Nathu La – Gangtok road following a heavy snowstorm which lead to sub-zero temperatures on Thursday.
After a snowstorm in parts of North Sikkim and East Sikkim, with high gushing winds of 40 km in state capital Gangtok, the tourists who were in 155 vehicles got stranded over a stretch of 15 km.
The tourists were rescued in army vehicles and accommodated at the barracks of 17 Mile Military Camp. They were provided with accommodation, food and medical support. Also, 26 tourists had to be hospitalised and required critical medical support. There were no major injuries or casualties reported.
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant