Gangtok: Indian Army came to the rescue of 477 tourists stranded on the Nathu La – Gangtok road following a heavy snowstorm which lead to sub-zero temperatures on Thursday.
After a snowstorm in parts of North Sikkim and East Sikkim, with high gushing winds of 40 km in state capital Gangtok, the tourists who were in 155 vehicles got stranded over a stretch of 15 km.
The tourists were rescued in army vehicles and accommodated at the barracks of 17 Mile Military Camp. They were provided with accommodation, food and medical support. Also, 26 tourists had to be hospitalised and required critical medical support. There were no major injuries or casualties reported.
- Assam: Armed Forces Flag Day observed in Guwahati
- Nagaland: Indian Navy on mission at Hornbill 2022; Naval Chief graces day-7
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 7
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 7
- Arunachal CM asks people to set up homestays at Basar