Gangtok: Girl students of Class 6 to 10 in all government schools in Sikkim will receive self-defence training, an official said.
Girl students would be trained in self-defence to defend themselves, special secretary, Education department, Bhim Thatal said after inaugurating a self-defence training programme for girls at Samdong Government Senior Secondary Schoolon Sunday.
Thatal said self-defence training is also to inculcate discipline in the students as well as to prepare them for the future obstacles.
Girl students will be trained in taekwondo, karate, boxing and kickboxing, he said.
- Udaipur tailor cremated, funeral procession amid tight security
- Shinde, rebel Sena MLAs our guests: Assam govt
- Rebel Shiv Sena MLAs leave Guwahati hotel for airport
- WB govt scraps centralised online admission system to UG courses
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for June 29
- Incessant rain worsens Assam flood situation, 24.9 lakh affected