Gangtok: Two people died in a car accident which took place along the Bulbuley stretch, about 6 km outside Gangtok.
The Sikkim Police received information about the accident from the Medical Officer at STNM Hospital around 4:20 am on Thursday. The incident is said to have taken place around 3 am.
It is learned that the private vehicle had five persons, with two dying on the spot while the other three sustaining bodily injuries. They were rushed to STNM Hospital.
The deceased is identified as a 24-year-old male from Sichey and a 20-year-old female from Tadong in Gangtok, They were declared dead on arrival at the STNM Hospital.
An FIR has been registered against the driver of the private vehicle under different sections of the IPC.
The stretch of Bulbuley between Tashi View Point at one end and Ganesh Tok at the other end has been prone to accidents, mostly due to rash driving or overspeeding. The stretch is often used by learner drivers, as the stretch is mostly traffic-free. This stretch also sees bikers using the space for different kinds of stunts.
- Union Minister Pradhan, Meghalaya CM Sangma grace NEHU convocation
- J-K tunnel accident: 8 more bodies recovered; death toll reaches 9
- After Assam success, Local Utpaat wants to wow audiences in other cities
- In pics: Over 500 families suffering in Imphal amid waterlogging, flash floods
- Drugs worth 15 lakh seized along Nagaland-Manipur border
- Rahul Gandhi harming India in his hate against PM Modi: BJP