Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad, on Monday, announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the next kin of COVID-19 warriors who died due to the virus.
The two deceased have been identified as Basanti Sundas, a worker at Sir Thutob Namgyal Memorial (STNM) Hospital, and Dil Kumar Rai, an Indian Reserve Battalion (IRBn) jawan.
An official release noted that Sundas and Rai passed away recently due to coronavirus infection in the state.
Information & public relations department, GoS (government of Sikkim) tweeted, “Hon’ble Governor of Sikkim Shri Ganga Prasad (@Governor_Sikkim) has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh each to the next kin of Late Basanti Sundas, (ANS), STNM Hospital, and Late Dil Kumar Rai, IRBn Jawan who passed away recently due to coronavirus infection. #COVIDWARRIORS.”
According to the health and family welfare department of Sikkim, 17 new COVID-19 cases and one death were reported in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 46.
- Myanmar skips ASEAN summit after its military ruler shut out
- Lack of skills biggest barrier in digital learning: OUP study
- Russia’s coronavirus deaths mark another high
- Rajasthan teacher sacked over ‘we won’ post following India’s loss to Pakistan
- Dabur withdraws gender-inclusive ‘Karwa Chauth’ Ad after controversy
- Assam: 20-year old nabbed after ‘girlfriend’s’ nudes go viral