GANGTOK: Sikkim breaches the 3,000 mark with 42 new COVID positive cases on Friday. The State has registered 3011 COVID positive cases with 642 active cases and 41 casualties so far.
On Friday, another casualty was reported when a 77-year-old lady from Bahai School area in Gangtok expired. She was admitted in the ICU on Thursday but succumbed to COVID around 8 pm. The RTPCR testing was carried out upon her arrival at STNM Hospital on Thursday, the result showed that she was COVID positive.
Out of the 42 new positive cases, 39 are from East Sikkim taking the district tally to 2,207. Of the 39 cases from the district, 25 were reported from various areas of State capital Gangtok.
South Sikkim recorded a single case taking the tally to 652 cases. West Sikkim recorded two cases taking the tally to 143 cases in the district.
- Northeast to be developed as India’s bio-economic hub: Jitendra Singh
- Sikkim logs 27 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- IIT-Delhi to offer BTech course in Energy Engineering from 2021 academic session
- Liquor worth Rs 720 crore sold in Bengal during Durga Puja
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat