GANGTOK: Altogether 210 cases were recorded in Gangtok since the imposition of the lockdown, including 18 cases recorded on Sunday.
The highest recorded case in Gangtok was on Tuesday with 42 COVID cases, followed by 36 on Thursday, 34 on Friday, 29 on Wednesday, 27 on Saturday and 24 on Monday.
The overall total number of cases from Gangtok so far is yet to be ascertained, but of the 2016 cases recorded in East Sikkim, majority of the new cases have sprung from the state capital. Initially, East Sikkim recorded surging number of cases for weeks from Rongli and Rangpo areas.
Gangtok has alone recorded more number of cases this week than the West and North Districts have cumulatively. West Sikkim has 137 recorded so far while North Sikkim has a meagre seven cases recorded so far.
- Northeast lost 5-14% of canopy cover in 20 years, Assam on top: Study
- 89th anniversary of first flight, group says filled with JRD Tata’s spirit of adventure
- ASEAN to exclude Myanmar’s leader from summit in key rebuke
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games