GANGTOK: As the Sikkim Legislative Assembly session starting from Monday, three state Cabinet ministers and two BJP legislators have been tested COVID-19 positive on Saturday.
The three ministers who have been tested positive are — agriculture minister LN Sharma, forest minister Karma Loday Bhutia and energy & power minister MN Sherpa. The names of the two MLAs who have also been tested positive are Farwanti Tamang from Melli constituency and Tashi Thendup Bhutia from Barfung constituency.
Speaking with EastMojo, state health director general Dr Pempa Tshering Bhutia said, “The legislators were tested on Friday. It’s not due to travelling but they are meeting people from different sections of the society. They will be in home isolation till they do not develop any symptom.”
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18
- Facebook plans to hire 10,000 in Europe to build ‘metaverse’