Sikkim recorded 49 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday. There are now 480 active cases in the sate with 2,221 positive cases reported. Thirty-two patients were discharged from different isolation facilities in the State.
In the Daily Health Bulletin by State Health Department, the district wise break up of cases read: 38 in East Sikkim, 1 from West Sikkim, 5 from South Sikkim and North Sikkim which only had one infection so far, reported five new cases on Wednesday.
Thirty-three of the new cases were detected in the Flu Clinic at STNM Hospital. The results were recorded from the 222 samples taken on Tuesday, with 41 testing positive via RTPCR and 8 from Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT).
Of the RT PCR recorded cases, six were from East District Hospital in Singtam. One positive recorded via Rapid Antigen Testing at the Hospital in Singtam was a 4-month old baby from Tikjuk, west Sikkim, who was shifted to STNM Hospital.
The five new cases from North Sikkim were all recorded from North District Hospital in Mangan. Two from Hospital Dara in Pentok, one from Pakshep and two patients, are currently in Gangtok with one each from Chanmari near Sera Gompa and the other from Working Women’s Hostel in Deorali.
A total of 29 positive cases were reported at STNM’s Flu Clinic. One from Tathangchen near DGP bungalow, a 31-year-old male patient who was untraceable, has been urged to contact health authorities..
- UPSC: Two candidates from Tripura clear final hurdle
- Assam’s COVID tally crosses 6 lakh
- PM Modi reaches New York to address 76th UNGA session
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, 1 more death
- UPSC: Six from Manipur clear final exams, 761 selected across India
- Shocking: UPSC training platform says tribal farmers are “brainless, have no land documents”