Gangtok: A 2-day old baby tested COVID-19 positive in Sikkim, the youngest patient on record in the State. The child could also be one of the youngest COVID-19 patients in the world.
As per the Health Bulletin, the baby tested positive on Friday. While, the Nodal officer from STNM Hospital stated, “The baby is asymptomatic and is with the mother in the COVID ward. She will be looked into for better treatment tomorrow”.
As per State Health Director-General Dr Pempa Tshering Bhutia, “The baby is not admitted in the Paediatric ICU but SMCU, a subunit of ICU. She will be administered medicines as per any other COVID-19 patient.”
The baby will be treated as per COVID-19 protocols, informed Health Director-General Dr Pempa Tshering Bhutia.
In February a child tested COVID-19 positive just 30 hours after birth. Doctors concluded that the infant may have caught the virus in the womb. The was the youngest case recorded.
The baby was born on 2 February in Wuhan. The mother tested positive before she gave birth.
on August 20th, a one-day-old baby from Tinsukia district became the youngest patient in Assam to be declared positive for COVID-19.
The baby was tested soon after he was born at Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH) in Dibrugarh on August 16.
Talking to EastMojo, DIPRO of Tinsukia district Bhaskarjyoti Bora said that the parents of the child reside at Hijuguri locality in Tinsukia district.
“The delivery took place at AMCH in Dibrugarh where the new born baby tested positive on his first day of life,” added Bora.
- Assam health min holds talks with agitating doctors
- Mizoram: Former BJP spokesperson Lalhriatrenga Chhangte joins Congress
- No COVID death in Assam for first time since second wave struck
- Odisha teacher kidnapping case: Charred body of suspected victim found; key accused held
- Experts explain what is causing heavy rains in Uttarakhand, Kerala
- Sheikh Hasina orders immediate action against those who incited violence using religion