Gangtok: Sikkim recorded it’s youngest COVID-19 victim, with an 11-day old infant testing positive on Wednesday.
The baby was delivered at STNM Hospital around on August 30. The infant’s sample was tested on the Truenat sampling and returned positive.
Speaking with East Mojo, Pediatrician Dr Ruth Yonzon stated, “The baby was a caesarean delivery and had a day of jaundice, which is common. But later after being discharged, the infant developed fever, and upon being brought to the hospital tested COVID-19 positive. We did Truenat testing to get a quick result.”
“The Mother tested negative, so it is not a case of spread from the mother. She was admitted in the gynaecology ward, and the baby may have come in contact with the virus there. We conducted repeat test, and the mother tested negative again. The baby was brought on Wednesday evening”, informed Dr Ruth Yonzon.
- Scindia flags off six routes expanding aerial connectivity in NE
- Tripura TMC members gherao police station over attack on youth leader
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here