One more person succumbed to COVID-19 in Sikkim on Thursday. The victim was an eighty-three-year-old resident of New Market in Gangtok. He was brought dead to the STNM Hospital at 4 pm. He is the eighth COVID-19 casualty in the state, the third this week.
His sample was tested in the emergency ward through CBNAAT, which returned positive. He had diabetes as co-morbidity.
Sikkim recorded 20 new COVID-19 cases taking the tally to 2009.
Gangtok Municipal Corporation which has been handling the COVID death, carried out the final rites at Jalipool Crematorium.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18