Namchi: A case of alleged sexual harassment has been registered against a police officer by his colleague at Namchi Police Station.
According to information, the accused Sub Inspector is currently posted at District Prison in Namchi, South Sikkim.
It is alleged that the man had been sexually harassing her and also made sexual remarks and asked for sexual favours on several occasions over the past three years, all amid duty hours, alleges the victim.
Also Read: Nagaon Police’s drug raid goes viral with ‘Rasode mein kaun tha’ trend
“Recently, he had also started threatening her. Since she could not bear the sexual advances any more, she disclosed it to her family members and came to the police seeking legal action against the police officer” reads the police DSR.
A case has been registered under Indian Penal Codes 354 and 506. The accused has been released on bail after arrest, on medical grounds.
Also Read: Now, East Bengal to play Indian Super League
- Resilient gorillas reveal clues about overcoming childhood misfortune
- Dalai Lama congratulates Turkiye President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Assam: Massive fire breaks out at Numaligarh refinery
- Meghalaya: Panel propose all-party stand on Roster system
- Guwahati: Panel to probe accident that killed 7 engineering students
- Tribal bodies demand President’s Rule in violence-hit Manipur