Gangtok: Despite the announcement of Unlock 3 by the Centre, the government of Sikkim has, now, issued revised guidelines to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
Following the assessment of the present situation in Sikkim, the state government has issued the fresh order, which will be effective from August 3 to 31.
Things that are prohibited
- Inter-state transport by all modes and movement of people.
- All educational, training, coaching institution, schools, and colleges
All cinema halls, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theaters, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic / cultural/ religious functions and other gatherings
Religious congregations except with prior written permission of the DM concerned
Things that are permitted
- Movement of persons/vehicles within local municipal limits
Vehicles with registration number ending with an odd digit will ply on days with odd dates and vice versa for even ones.
Additionally, small vehicles shall carry only three passengers,
Larger ones like luxury taxis and SUVs shall carry just five passengers.
The same is applied to government vehicles.
Two-wheelers are permitted within local limits but with odd-even stipulation and without a pillion rider.
Additionally, two-wheelers engaged in food delivery will operate without adhering to the odd-even stipulation between 8:00 am to 8:30 pm.
Inter and intra-district movement of essential goods, essential services, emergency, security, public health and safety, and medical emergency are allowed.
The concerned individual must at all times carry the deployment letter or official ID card.
- All licensed and stand-alone shops, including vehicle showrooms, barbershops, spas, salons, etc., will be allowed to remain open with 50% of staff strength from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Hotels, restaurants, fast food centers, sweet shops, bakeries to function with 50% capacity, including sitting capacity and will remain open from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Gyms and Yoga institute to operate with 50% occupancy from August 5.
Marriage related gatherings with a maximum capacity of 50 persons
Funeral or last rites gatherings with 20 people capacity are allowed.
Additionally, importance is given on the installation of the Aarogya Setu App. Also, none of the above-stated guidelines will be applicable to people or areas in containment zones.
Moreover, wearing face masks or covering and practicing social distancing is of the utmost importance. Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, and spitting in public places is not allowed.
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit