Gangtok: Sikkim has recorded 45 new cases of COVID-19 infection in the last 24 hours, pushing the state’s total count to 198, of which 112 are active cases.
Of the new cases detcted, 39 were tested on RT PCR and six on Rapid Antigen Test (RAT).
“Out of the 75 samples from Rongli Subdivision taken for RTPCR testing, reports of 54 samples have arrived, while test for 21 samples is being run this evening. Out of the 54 samples, 39 have tested positive for Covid-19. These include local people, GREF workers, health worker, police, and SSB jawans from Rhenock” informed Health Director General Pempa Tshering Bhutia as part of his daily health bulletin on Tuesday.
“Out of 146 Rapid Antigen tests conducted, 9 samples were reported positive. However, 3 persons who tested positive were from Kolkata and chose to go back. The remaining 6 persons are admitted in the Isolation ward of STNM Hospital”, informed Bhutia.
The DG-cum-Secretary informed that contact tracing is being carried out by health personnel. He also informed that Rapid Antigen Testing Kits are being sent to Rongli and Rhenock and testing will commence from tomorrow.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion