Gangtok: Amid border tensions between India and China, Sikkim has deployed Indian Reserve Battalion (IRBn) in villages close to the Tibetan border. These villages are located in the east and north districts of Sikkim.
Sikkim Police DIG Range Prawin Gurung informed that the IRBn personnel are currently deployed in Lachen, Lachung and Thangu in North Sikkim; Kupup and Sherathang in East Sikkim. “All these places have civilians near the border. The exercise helps in building confidence among the people. Sikkim Police has a responsibility to its people,” he said.
Chief minister’s political secretary Jacob Khaling informed that the ceremony was being carried out under the initiative of the chief minister Prem Singh Golay. The tribute programme will also feature addresses from Union Ministers via webcast.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated