Gangtok: During her audition days, Namchi girl Manila Pradhan was apparently rejected because of her ‘Northeastern’ face. She used to be called by many names such as Chinese, Korean, Chinki, momos and even Hakka Noodles.
However, she didn’t let stereoptyping come in the way of pursuing her dreams. Her determination has paid off as she’s now one of the top seven contestants in ‘MTV Supermodel of the Year’, an ongoing reality fashion show being aired on MTV India and Voot.
The show, which started on December 22 last year, is based on the concept of grooming and training models for the fashion industry. Apart from Pradhan, 24, the other six contestants who will now vie for the title are Eashita Bajwa, Drisha More, Yukti Thareja, Anjali Schmuk, Renee Kujur and Priya Singh.
In a recent promo video shared by MTV India on social media, Pradhan — who has a degree in pharmacy — shared her struggles and problems that she faced when she decided to be a part of the fashion world. Commenting on people being stereotyped, she said in the video that it was high time people change their thinking about such things prevailing in the society for too long now.
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people