Gangtok: Bringing laurels to the Himalayan state once again, Sikkim’s first lady Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Aparajita Rai, won a medal at the national-level police badminton championship held in Madhya Pradesh recently.
Aparajita Rai, who is currently posted as the Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Kolkata Police Special Task Force, won a silver medal at the 12th All India Police Badminton Championship held at Bhopal between February 3-9 this year.
Rai displayed a spectacular sporting performance in front of the audiences during her competitions at the national-level Police Badminton Championship games in Bhopal.
Belonging to the Gorkha community of Sikkim, Rai in yet another major achievement was conferred with “Devi Awards” instituted by the New India Express Group on November 13, 2018.
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals
- Assam: Elephant found dead in Goalpara
- Assam: Afghan national arrested in Biswanath
- CM issues directions for smooth disbursal of pension in Assam