Gangtok: Bringing laurels to the Himalayan state once again, Sikkim’s first lady Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Aparajita Rai, won a medal at the national-level police badminton championship held in Madhya Pradesh recently.
Aparajita Rai, who is currently posted as the Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Kolkata Police Special Task Force, won a silver medal at the 12th All India Police Badminton Championship held at Bhopal between February 3-9 this year.
Rai displayed a spectacular sporting performance in front of the audiences during her competitions at the national-level Police Badminton Championship games in Bhopal.
Belonging to the Gorkha community of Sikkim, Rai in yet another major achievement was conferred with “Devi Awards” instituted by the New India Express Group on November 13, 2018.
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1