Sikkim: A newly married couple in East Sikkim were allegedly socially boycotted by their own community in the Dalapchand village of East Sikkim allegedly over their inter-caste marraige.
The couple, Karan Baraily — who belongs to a Scheduled Caste community — and Divya Rai got married recently despite opposition from both the families. Baraily is currently working as an engineer with the state government.
Although there is some hope of reconciliation, with mediation by the Sikkim Scheduled Caste Welfare Association, the couple is still unsure if the community will accept them or not.
No FIR has been lodged till time of filing this report.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing