Sikkim: A newly married couple in East Sikkim were allegedly socially boycotted by their own community in the Dalapchand village of East Sikkim allegedly over their inter-caste marraige.
The couple, Karan Baraily — who belongs to a Scheduled Caste community — and Divya Rai got married recently despite opposition from both the families. Baraily is currently working as an engineer with the state government.
Although there is some hope of reconciliation, with mediation by the Sikkim Scheduled Caste Welfare Association, the couple is still unsure if the community will accept them or not.
No FIR has been lodged till time of filing this report.
- Karan Johar donates Rs 11 lakh to Assam Chief Minister Relief Fund
- Viruses can change your scent to make you more attractive to mosquitoes: Study
- Mizoram CM inducts journalist into party, says MNF in recruitment drive
- Rejuvenate Arunachal springs to solve drinking water problem: Expert
- Over 100 students from Sikkim Manipal infected by Nairobi Fly
- Mizoram: Aizawl to soon get two motorable flyovers