Gangtok: Ace football player Bhaichung Bhutia received the Indian Achievers Award 2019 in New Delhi on Monday for his contribution to Indian football.
The award was handed over to him by Union minister of human resources development Ramesh Pokhriyal in New Delhi.
Eight players represented the Indian team in different age groups in the awards ceremony.
Bhutia took twitter to announce the award. “I’m so honoured to recieve the Indian Achievers award 2019. Thank you Power Corridirs for recognising my work and the works of #indianfootballfoundation. @BBFSchools is the biggest grassroot football school in India today. I’m so pleased that the country is acknowledging football,” he tweeted.
The awards show was organised by Power Corridors. Bollywood stars Shilpa Shetty and Suresh Oberoi were also present and were selected for the Champion of Change Award.
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- Withdraw support to Arunachal govt, NSCN tells 11 state MLAs
- 16-yr-old Dalit girl abducted, raped in Uttar Pradesh
- Sikkim clears mandatory COVID-19 checking at border points