Gangtok: Severe cold wave has gripped Sikkim with day temperatures dropping below 8 degrees Celsius. Tourists thronged places like Tsomgo Lake, parts of North Sikkim and West Sikkim, which received a good amount of snowfall, to enjoy the chilly weather and fresh snowfall.
Check out some pictures from Lachung that has been covered in a white blanket of snow at several places:
Meanwhile, Darjeeling in West Bengal also witnessed the season’s first snowfall in the region. The mercury hovered around 2 degrees to 3 degrees Celsius throughout the day on Friday. Darjeeling witnessed continuous drizzle and shower.
Check out some pictures from the area:
Some pictures from Lachen in Sikkim:
- Sikkim parties demand removal of immigrant tag on Nepalis in SC verdict
- India repatriates 17 Pakistani prisoners: Pak High Commission
- Over 4 lakh voters added to Assam’s electoral roll
- Situation along eastern border with China stable but unpredictable: GOC-in-C
- Pathaan: Total worldwide collection crosses Rs 200 cr mark
- Meghalaya: 50 BJP workers join Congress to support PN Syiem, defeat BJP’s AL Hek