Gangtok: Higher-altitude regions of Sikkim including Lachung and Lachen in North Sikkim have been receiving heavy snowfall since Friday night.
Reportedly, the roads between Lachung and Yumthang and Lachen and Gurudongmar have been blocked due to snow blockade.
Meanwhile, Gangtok recorded its lowest temperature (5.4 degrees Celsius) during post monsoon season (Oct-Dec 2019) on Saturday.
According to Met department, light to moderate rainfall occurred at most places over Sikkim.
The most amount of rainfall (in cm) was observed during last 24 hours in the state with Sankalan receiving 3 cm; Mangan and Chungthang with 2 cm each; Gangtok, Tadong, Pakyong, Damthang and Dentam with 1 cm each.
Light rainfall / snowfall at higher altitudes over Sikkim is very likely to continue during the next 24 hours, said Met department sources.
- BJP is just a tenant, not owner of democracy: Cong
- WB govt plotting handing over of state-run edu institutions to pvt sector: JUTA
- Education ministry preparing guidelines for students’ mental, emotional wellbeing: Pradhan
- US condemns attack on Indian consulate in San Francisco
- Meghalaya: World Tuberculosis Day observed at Purakhasia
- ‘Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway’ raises Rs 13 crore in opening weekend