Gangtok: The Football Players’ Association of Sikkim (FPAS) on Sunday handed over a cheque of Rs 4 lakh to the parents of Reeya Lepcha at their residence in Dentam in West Sikkim. The amount was raised by the FPAS through a donation collection drive in Gangtok and other parts of the state.
The amount was presented in the form of a cheque by a delegation of FPAS consisting of president Nirmal Chettri, Nim Tshering Lepcha, Ashish Chettri, Jasman Gurung, Kunzang Lepcha and Lokendra Gurung.
FPAS members and Reeya’s parents have expressed their heartfelt gratitude to all those who had contributed for the noble cause.
Reeya, 15, represented Sikkim in senior national football tournament. She was diagnosed with brain tumour and has since been undergoing treatment at the Central Referral Hospital in Tadong. She had her first minor surgery on October 28.
Reeya’s parents had appealed everyone for financial support from the people as they are unable to meet the expensive treatment of their daughter.
On Monday, the family is planning to go to Apollo Hospital in New Delhi for further treatment, where she has been referred to by the Central Referral Hospital.
As per Reeya’s family, they would require over Rs 10 lakh for her treatment.
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA Motha to contest 42 seats; Pradyot opts out
- PM Modi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on death anniversary