Sikkim: Chief minister PS Golay, Sonam Tshering Venchungpa and YT Lepcha were sworn in as members of Sikkim Legislative Assembly on Monday.
Assembly Speaker LB Das administered the oath or affirmation to the three members of legislative assembly who were recently elected in by-election from Poklok Kamrang, Martam Rumtek and Gangtok assembly constituencies, respectively.
He also asked the 12 MLAs from SDF, who joined BJP and SKM, to submit the documents of their resignation of their former parties before the next session as their documentation is still incomplete.
CM Golay is now an elected MLA and his landslide victory from Poklok has shut all the criticisms and queries regarding his position as chief minister of the state.
Golay said, “It’s a historic win as for the first time ruling party supported the opposition (BJP in Sikkim’s scenario) and helped the two MLAs win from their respective areas.”
He also said that now he would work with his team for the welfare of Sikkim and Sikkimese people. Golay will be heading to Himachal Pradesh for an investors’ meet with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 7 and 8.
Gangtok MLA YT Lepcha entered the assembly barefoot. On asking about it, Lepcha informed that after his victory he is been visiting temples and monasteries.
“If I can enter the holy institutions barefoot then I can do the same here as the assembly is no less than a temple or monastery to me. I will be entering barefoot as long as I visit here,” said the MLA.
- Maternal uncle sentenced to 25-years in jail for raping niece
- Arunachal: Congress imposes bandh in Siang over failure to restore Highway
- BJP MLA writes to Nadda, demands separation of Darjeeling from Bengal
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering